2016 definitely was the most exciting year in Universal Studios Hollywood’s history. Last year brought the openings of the highly anticipated “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “The Walking Dead Attraction”, both of which are highly praised by us here at USH Today. Now what will 2017 bring to the theme park?
- No new attractions are planned to open this year, but Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo announced that Universal Studios Hollywood will be getting a fully immersive themed land based on some Nintendo’s most popular characters, with highly interactive attractions and more.
- 2017 will be mostly an infrastructure time, with the StarWay getting its expansion, slated to finish in Summer 2017. The Mummy Treats/Lockers next to Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride is
currently being rebuilt to accommodate for the expansion.
- Universal Studios Hollywood celebrates Lunar New Year (January 21st-February 5th) at Universal Plaza. The event has special food and activities to do.
- WaterWorld reopens in early April. The show is getting an extensive refurbishment, aiming to refresh the twenty-one year old set, should be great!
- A rumored projection show on Hogwarts Castle at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter celebrates one year April 7th, 2017!
- Halloween Horror Nights returns this Fall! (Dates have not been announced)
- Grinchmas returns this Winter!
- CityWalk is continuing its expansion:
- Sephora will be coming to CityWalk, replacing Upstart Crow (located next to The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf).
- Taco Bell will be leaving CityWalk, its replacement is unknown.
- Voodoo Doughnut will be opening this Spring.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville opening early this year.
2017 is already shaping up to be another fun year at Universal Studios Hollywood/CityWalk. We’re looking forward to be reporting the happenings of the year with you. Thanks for following along!