In just a few days, the 2016 ScareLA convention arrives at the Pasadena Convention Center. This year’s convention will feature over 150,000 square ft of stuff to do. With panels, presentations, live experiences, classes, and on-site haunted houses, this year’s event is a must-see for all. Let’s visit a few of the highlights for this year’s event.
- The theme of 2016 is “Season of the Witch” and the tagline “Cast a dark spell on the summer” – a playful invitation for attendees to take a flight of the imagination and celebrate all things spooky and unusual.
- In 2016, the show is donating a portion of proceeds to various anti-bullying organizations to advocate for tolerance and acceptance of the unusual.
It celebrates not just horror, haunts or theme parks but brings the entire SoCal scare community together – artists, crafts, special effects, performers, musicians, TV and film celebrities and fans of all ages.
- Over 150,000 sq ft of activities to do. 200+ exhibitors, 40+ hrs of presentations, 75 short/feature films, 40+ different classes (must have Scare Student credentials to sign up for classes), 10+ haunt experiences, multiple interactive activities.
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
- Will be doing a special photo opp with fans as Elvira starting at 12:30 on Saturday on the ScareLA showfloor.
- Will be at the show both days of the convention to meet with fans and celebrate Halloween early.
- The Elvira experience on the ScareLA showfloor will showcase several amazing dark vendors and artists throughout the weekend handpicked by me specially for the ScareLA audiences (highlights up to you – Sweet, Kreepsville etc.)
- “Highlight” – GIANT 100’+ ZIPLINE – will connect the two buildings of the convention allowing patrons to fly on witches brooms.
BLOOD OFFERING: LEGEND OF THE IRON WITCH -first original ScareLA haunt created just for the attendees of the show and over 4 times bigger than any other prior attraction at the con.
THE DARK RIDE PROJECT (360 VR EXPERIENCE) – coming all the way from Australia – a unique capture of our history through 360 VR of some of the oldest and most famous dark rides in the US and beyond.
HAUNTED CAMPSITE – walk inside and be transported into the woods – listen to ghost stories around the campfire – created in collaboration with top immersive theater creators Wicked Lit and TAPS West coast paranormal investigators (one of Syfy “Ghost Hunter” crews).
HOLLYWOOD HORRORS MUSEUM EXCLUSIVE.
- ALL included in admission.
- Halloween Horror Nights (3pm-4pm on Sunday, 8/7) – Main Stage
- Knott’s Scary Farm (11:45am-12:45am on Saturday, 8/6) – Main Stage
- Sliders of Ghost Town Screening/Q&A (1:15pm-2:45pm on Saturday, 8/6) – Main Stage
- And much much more
- CLICK HERE FOR FULL PANEL SCHEDULE (PDF File)
- Make and take classes, seminars, demos, and workshops all available (40+ different educational classes) (Must purchase Scare Student Ticket)
- All panels/presentations included in admission.
ScareLA 2016 Map:
Will be available soon.